• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cut, psd to cdr?

knucklehead

Got some Knomad ChalkArt images I want to print, and contour cut in Corel X4.

They are psd files. I've messed around with making a contour cut line with the bezier tool on a couple. Still need to work on the layers part.

Then, I have noticed, if I go to 'edit bitmap' function, and then it takes it into PhotoPaint, it will be on the checker board background, with a blue dashed line running around the outside contour.

This is exactly what I want to cut, is there anyway to make this blue outline, into a contour cut line? Thanks

OADesign

I'm assuming you have a good handle on photoshop and
I'm assuming your Knomad Chalk Art images are on a solid or transparent background.

In photoshop , take your magic wand tool and select the transparent area. Then select the inverse. Your graphics should be selected. then go to your paths palette. from the option menu select "make work path". You will get a dialogue box that will ask for pixel tolerance. I usually stat out at .5 and play around till I get a good result. Then once you are satisfied with the result, choose file > export > paths to illustrator. Save the file. then you can import the vector paths (.ai file) into Corel, Flexi etc. to use as the contour path. If the path is not spot on you can always edit it...

Hope that helps.

knucklehead

Yep, displaying the line around the entire image. Even the inside areas with no fill.

Tried the fill, and trace, but there's a lot of other stuff going on in the background. I think these are supposed to be tiff files, with a transparent background.

Maybe if I make some more pages, and layers. May be time to break out the 987 page Corel book.

Thanks for the help.

knucklehead

Thanks OAD, didn't understand most of what you said. Don't have PS, I'm a corel guy. Well, I do have the CS2, but haven't installed it yet.