• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contracting Logo

I was looking for some input. The customer went with Veritas because it means truth and since the word has roman roots I went with this theme. They are not a stone contractor specifically, not sure if that is wakes you think of. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• veritas2.2.jpg
    veritas2.2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 137

TheSnowman

Not sure what feel you are going for, but from the outside looking in...I felt like they were supposed to build stuff like the monuments I'd see in Washington DC.

Talking with the dude, he wanted something that went with the name. Being that the name is roman in nature, that is why I went with this look. also, the stuff they built is still around. I totally agree with you that is does look bank/law firm like. The customer is completely stoked on the idea, so I got that going for me. I was just wondering on ideas to make it better.

Dan Antonelli

Its funny - had a client request same thing - a builder. This was after round 1 of comps. To show him how ridiculous the idea was, I had to mock up his 'idea' which was same as what you're showing now.

Afterwards, I got the 'yeh, you're right - that looks bad' and then they picked one of the logos we originally pitched.

Sometimes showing them how bad their idea is works; and of course sometimes they love it, in which case, you remove it from your portfolio and proudly display the one they should have picked. :)

Cool. Thanks for the input. I will work up some other things and put them up later. And yes Quick, that is the compliment to Veritas. minus the 9mm.

Jillbeans

Fix yer kerning on the RA in CONTRACTORS.
Looks like a bank to me too.
I would like it without the columns and with contractors in a reverse panel.
Love....Jill.

Dave Drane

How would a roman warrior go? It may have a tougher look that a contracting firm would need. Maybe instead of the spear in his hand you could put a mallett there lol.

Doyle

Overall, l don't like it. It lacks contrast, white and off-white don't help legibility. Also think you should use a different font for the bottom line. What is that thick black stroke around the whole logo for?