• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Converting jv33 BS model to Eco-Sol Ink type

Forty One

I probably already know this, but is there any issue converting the JV33 BS Model from BS4 ink to either ES3 or SS21 ink sets?
All the hardware is exactly the same as my other JV33, but the BS4 ink stinks.

duke21gr

hello, you must change the ink lines, the dumpers and to do a lot of cleaning to the head to drop off all the bs4 ink.
from the factory come with ss21 ink, so it will work smooth.

dudeinthemoon

JV33 BS model can work with es or ss ink, but you'll need BS chips always installed as this model allows you work only with BS ink, and printhead work configuration is slightly different than on regular JV33, it has different voltages, timings, etc. because this machine is supposed to work with Bulk Systems. So Rasterlink, or other rip software, will be always thinking you have BS ink and will be using larger dot as on BS, so you'll need custom profiles for SS ink.
To make it completely regular JV33 you'll need either replace its main pcb with regular JV33 pcb, or reflash ROM from JV33-S to your JV33-BS.
If you need help with replacing/reflashing pcb send me PM

Forty One

Wouldn't updating the parameters adjust all of the comments you said that may be an issue?
Changing the cjv here from ss21 to es3 (although an absolute pain in the arse to do) did achieve the desired result needed, I would assume that the jv33 model would be a uniform machine that would only require the parameters to be changed and lines/dampers flushed and/or changed.

netsol

i would contact dave from solvent printer conversion in ohio
no one kmows more about this, he can help you source anythng else you might need.

he has converted hundreds of machines. they have a database to sort different models by convertible, not convertible & not sure (never done one yet)

might save you a lot of time. remember if pumps or other internal parts are not compatable, they can run for days then seize or leak ink

micadesign

on my jv300 i only convertet from BS4 to SS21 on the menu and put new ink with SS21 chip. do 2 ou 3 ink fill-up and start to print with new SS21 profiles in RL. easy.