• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cool fonts

ABPGraphics

Someone mentioned in a previous post about using more "COOL" fonts. I know their have been previous posts about the top fonts used but what about cool fonts - what would you consider "COOL" fonts?:cool1:

Circleville Signs

Talk about a loaded question!!!

I like fonts that are distinguishable and legible. Really, ANY font can be "cool" if used in the right/surprising way.

Gary

Circleville Signs

Of course there are fonts that we all favor. I use Myriad alot. But that doesn't mean the font itself is 'cool'.

Hell, when Bleeding Cowboys first came out i thought it was the bees knees. LOL.

Gary

WrapperX

Fonts can make or break a sign and or design. Unfortunetly there's nothing that states whether this font or that font is cool. Its purely relative to the customer and designer, respectively.

However it should be pretty obvious through proofing what fonts work and what fonts don't. The coolest looking font could be the worst thing for your design and just as strangely the plainest font could be the most successful in conveying the message intended the best. Its all situational and there is never a constant.

Rodi

Berthold Fonts, Font Bureau, Dutch Type Library (Pay through the nose!), some ITC, Photo-Lettering, House Industries, SignFonts (Steve is a great guy!) FontFonts.

Monsterkidz

Some Personal Favorites...
The Chalet Family
Sign Painter

Oh and that Magnum 44 for Letterheadfonts is absolutely perfect. Very well done.

Rodi

Some personal favorite fonts

Steile Futura (AKA URW TOPIC), URW Grotesk, Akzindenz Grotesk, Formata, DTL Prokyon ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$), the original cut of Palatino (only from softmaker now, known as Palazzo werks original), Univers (Its french so it is pronounced UNIVAR, the S is silent), I also love all fonts, however overused, by Roger Excoffin (Antique Olive, Banco, Mistral and more).