• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Draw 12 crashing when importing a file

signguy 55

Ok, enough of this. I'm working in Flexi, I'm starting to do designs for another sign shop that only has CorelDraw x3. I export the Flexi file as an .ai file and save to my desktop. I then try to import the .ai file into my version of CorelDraw 12 to send to the other shop. But when I try to import the ai file, Corel crashes (the whole program just shuts down.)

Fortunately I have Corel Draw 8. The illy file opens fine in ver 8, and I can then save and Corel Draw 12 opens it fine. This has been going on for a while. At least I can work around it but is there a solution?

Also do some fonts in Corel have the "jaggies". Some of the rough layouts I'm getting that were designed in Corel show some rough looking edges on the fonts, it seems like Corel had a problem with that in the past, I didn't know if that was still the case. (Possibly if the text was converted to curves?)

Thanks for any help / tips.