• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Following Microsoft

signage

I have been having a problem with corel X3 since October! Here is a responce from Corel on this issue that I kept after them about:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] The solution to the problem we have been able to identify is planned to be addressed with the up-coming service pack for X4. Once we have been able to get this resolved in X4, we will looking into if this can also be fixed with X3.

Looks Like all these software companies are follow Microsoft release software that is buggy and just create a new version and sell it before fixing the problems!

RANT OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/FONT]

Brian,

what is X3 doing?? Have been using mine for quite some time.....seems fine, but maybe your working on something I'm not?? so share....and ya that answer sucks, maybe I want my money back??

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

signage

When designing the screen goes blank! If you marquee select you see the node but the image will not show up. If you close the that instance and reopen it will work for a while but happens again! In test with different people from the computer manufacturer to the graphic card techs. It doesn't matter if it is a complex or simple graphic. It can just a square! I have several other graphics programs and the problem only happens on Corel!

I had that happen after I installed Corelx3 on my Laptop (Dell) I had to call Dell and we ended up disabling alot of the bells and whistles they preload as well as the Antivirus Software (which was Norton at the time). Try diabling your anti virus to start and I'll see if I can remember what all I did. It was quite a while ago but I haven't had a problem since.
Hope you get it figured out! That is so frustrating!

Replicator

I have had that happen on rare occasions, and what I notice when it does happen is

all of the sudden the process usage jumps from 1,000KB to 169,000KB . . . (example)

Usually resulting in a forced shutdown of the program to fix it !