• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Font issues

CanuckSigns

Does anyone else have font issues with corel? we have 4 pc's with corel 2018 installed, all our fonts are stored on our network drive that is accessible to all computers, I have pointed to the shared font directory in Corel Font manager but I still have issues with files created on 1 pc not opening properly on another and corel wanting to substitute the font.

Is this a known issue?

unclebun

I don't have any trouble, but I don't do fonts that way. I install them on every computer that uses them.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
CorelDRAW has a bunch of persistent bugs with its font handling. Some of the fonts bugs have been there for several years. Yet they keep inching up their subscription price. They want $269 per year for DRAW and PhotoPaint, even though neither have been seeing much in the way of performance improvements or new features. Corel needs to go back to a 2 year product cycle.

In regard to pointing Corel Font Manager to a shared folder on a another networked PC: don't do that. Even if you can make such a thing work the font handling performance would be AWFUL.

I have a fairly huge collection of fonts, but I only let Corel Font Manager "see" my most frequently used fonts. I have what I call an "Active Font Collection" folder that I created on my boot disc drive, a very fast NVMe solid state drive. That speeds up the "render" process when scrolling through the font menu in CorelDRAW. I put what I want CorelDRAW to see in that active fonts folder. And even then, most of the time, I usually have filters checked in font menu preferences to only show system fonts and other fonts installed directly in Windows.

That font menu in CorelDRAW can really seriously hang if certain kinds of fonts are installed in the OS or just referenced in a CFM folder. I think clip-art fonts are the worst at locking up the font menu while scrolling thru the list. Certain poorly designed fonts can bog it down too. Generally, high quality commercial fonts are going to work the most smoothly.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Only trouble we have is using Win7 on one pc and Win 10 on the other. And only on fonts "activated thru adobe. Win7 doesn't support the latest illustrator so if a font is activated from the win10 pc it may not be work on the win7 pc.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I don't think OpenType Variable and OpenType SVG fonts will work at all under Windows 7. That's another problem in addition to Adobe Fonts/Creative Cloud compatibility issues.