• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel help Softening edges

rcook99

I have this picture that will be DTG printed on some shirts and would like to soften the edge so it is not so pronounced. Can anyone help me with this.

Attachments

• Brits Dad1.jpg
    Brits Dad1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 122

HotWraps

It looks like the image already has a soft border around it. Am I missing something?

EDIT:

Oh do you mean the gray box?

rcook99

Sorry for the explanation but I am trying to soften the outer edge so when it is printed onto the shirt it does not look like a patch.

rcook99

The drop shadow will not work. I would like to soften the outside edges to look similar to the inner edge of the black oval. Maybe I am missing something with it.

Service Sign Co

Your best result would probably be the masking tool in photo paint. adjust the feathering.It will take some playing around with to get the desired effect

Last edited:

Joe Diaz

Why don't you put the whole image on a black background, then use the interactive transparency tool to blend it out towards the bottom.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
an alternative to blending it to the background is the Photo Edge F/X....it's under the Effects menu...

also makes it easier if you're doing a black or dark tee to manual mask the image to send a soft white mask layer

rcook99

Why don't you put the whole image on a black background, then use the interactive transparency tool to blend it out towards the bottom

Joe I am trying to lose the sharp outer edge on the black box around the whole image. The black box at the bottom is covering the persons name.

rcook99

No big deal Joe I got it to work with the mask tool and edge feather tool in Paint.

Attachments

• Brits Dad2.jpg
    Brits Dad2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 94