• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel node editing

Eric H

I don't use Corel X3 alot but enough that I thought I knew how to connect nodes. I'm not sure if a setting was changed, the programs not working or if I'm just an idiot. I thought you just dragged the nodes on top of each other and they connected but they don't, looked at everything I can and I can't figure it out.

speaking of...
Is there a way to connect open lines?

Sometimes when scanning an image, things are left open and as far as I know there's no way to connect (like in the attachment)

I usually convert the stroke to an outline and then weld but that gets time consuming.

Attachments

• Node connect.jpg
    Node connect.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 94

Joe Diaz

There are a few options you have. First you need to make sure the lines or groups of lines that you intend to connect are combined. So you need to select them all and combine them or Ctrl + L. Then, when you have the shape tool selected, in your top toolbar once you have selected your nodes, there is "join nodes" command which essentially pulls the nodes you have selected together, or the "close curve" command which creates a new line segment in between the two nodes you have selected. Like J hill pointed out, these commands are also available when you right click. If you have multiple broken points, the only thing you have to keep in mind is you have to do this two nodes at a time. You cannot always select all nodes and use "close curve" and expect it to know what node needs to connect to what node. Also as long as all of those lines are combined first, you can click and drag a node with your mouse and snap it to the node you want to connect it to and that will close the curve as well.

Eric H

Hi guys thanks for the help, but when i right click most of the options are grayed out - including join.

Joe Diaz

You need to make sure you have the nodes selected using the shape tool, and you have to make sure the nodes you have selected belong to the same "combined" shape or line segment. Select both shapes or lines and press "Ctrl + L"