• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel questions

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i'm still running corel 8......for design, i mainly use omega composer...cause it works better at work....at home, i use corel and inkscape....as far as add ons....the only add on i have is for photopaint....i have alien skin's eye candy....

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
is anyone else seeing my response at the top of this thread???? or is it just me??? i'm totally confused right now..

149motorsports

im looking to buy corel, i have some dumb questions :0

can you draw/design, cut, trace in corel?
will i have to buy ad ins, plug ins, ect are these a pain to install?
is corel just like flexi sign?
how much does a good copy go for, does it matter if i buy old or new, i dont need nothing that great just enough to do vinyl grpahics cut.
thanks!

Steve C.

Corel is worth every cent. One of the best design tools you can have.
Much better IMO than flexi for design. If you have flexi it will work hand
in hand with it. I use Corel to design and Flexi for production. As far as
plug ins etc, I don't know, sure some others will chime in.

ChiknNutz

Use only CorelDraw....started with v9 and now have X3 (13) and like it a lot. Haven't seen a lot of compelling reasons to go to 14 just yet.

Air Art Girl

design in Corel and Corel Photo Paint all the time them transfer to flexi or fastartist. Great design tools with tons of tools. You can add plug ins but don't need to. Go look up some corel tutorials on You Tube and see what you can do with it.

yes, you can trace, design and yes, it's easy to install. YOu will need to use co-cut or some other rip though. In Corel, you can click edit bitmap, it automatically opens Photo Paint, you edit, click save then close paint and the changes made appear right back on the regular Corel page you were working on. Photo Paint uses layers just like Photo Shop.

Cadmn

if your cutter runs HPGL & has a printer driver you can cut straight from Corel I have & OP has for years

OldPaint

COREL MAKES TO WORLD GO ROUND)))))
learned on COREL 3, USED 4 TILL 7 CAME OUT. USED 7 TILL LONG AFTER 10 WAS OUT. USED 10 UNTIL I GOT X3.
need nothing else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CUT FROM COREL TO ROLAND!!!!! PHOTOPAINT IS AS GOOD IF NOT EASIER THEN PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you look at at all the covers for most corel versions, THEY WAS DRAWN IN COREL!!!!!!!!!
trace was available in 3, but for 4-12, it wasnt worth a crap. X3 TRACE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
ive used ADOBE STREAMLINE until X3!!!!!
if you dont have COREL, WHAT ARE DOIN IN THIS BUSINESS?????)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))its a funny last statement, dont get your undies in wad!

ncpdfsb

did you know???

Corel Corp. was up for sale? they were in talks with Vector Capital Corp. but good thing Corel said "na thanks" (Vector Capital Corp. owns about 65% of the company) Corel Corp. is still considering a merger or buyout... Will we see Adobe step in? only time will tell..

Corel was founded by Michael Cowpland in 1985, who intended it to be a research laboratory ("Corel" is an abbreviation of "Cowpland Research Laboratory"). The company saw great success early in the high-tech boom of the nineties with the product CorelDraw, and became, for a time, the biggest software company in Canada. Corel made many early investors very wealthy, but its strong growth did not last. It attempted to compete with Microsoft after acquiring the WordPerfect software in 1996, but it failed badly. Corel was forced to lay-off large numbers of employees and Cowpland came under investigation by the Ontario Securities Commission for insider trading.