• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel x3 sending wrong info to cutter

shuv76

Hello,, I am posting again with a different set of problems. I will try to explain. In corel i have my layout as 13.0" width and 5.0"height. I type in text (cleaning) for example and the letters are1.02" tall. I send it to the roland cutter and it cuts it fine and starts the origin in the bottom left like it always has...... But if those letters are .659" tall and I hit the print button, the cuttter feeds to the upper left corner and then it starts cutting out the letters but it cuts them out one on top of the other. It does not move down as each letter is cut. It is like it does not go by the origin that is set and it also will not cut each letter seperately.
Has anyone ever heard of a problem like this? I tried unistalling corel and then reinstalling, but no luck.
Thank You for any help,,,Paul

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hello,, I am posting again with a different set of problems. I will try to explain. In corel i have my layout as 13.0" width and 5.0"height. I type in text (cleaning) for example and the letters are1.02" tall. I send it to the roland cutter and it cuts it fine and starts the origin in the bottom left like it always has...... But if those letters are .659" tall and I hit the print button, the cuttter feeds to the upper left corner and then it starts cutting out the letters but it cuts them out one on top of the other. It does not move down as each letter is cut. It is like it does not go by the origin that is set and it also will not cut each letter seperately.
Has anyone ever heard of a problem like this? I tried unistalling corel and then reinstalling, but no luck.
Thank You for any help,,,Paul

What, exactly, is your setup? Both hardware and software. It sounds very much like whatever you're using as bridge software is not operating correctly or is improperly configured.

On the other hand I have seen Corel do some curious things with text of specific sizes but this has always had to do with outline and contour.

shuv76

My vinyl vutter is a Roland gx-24 and I have corel x3 where I create with.
Is there anything else you need to know? If it is let me know and I will try to find out for you.
Thanks ,,Paul

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
My vinyl vutter is a Roland gx-24 and I have corel x3 where I create with.
Is there anything else you need to know? If it is let me know and I will try to find out for you.
Thanks ,,Paul

What are you using as a bridge program to drive the cutter? How is it configured?

Jackpine

Are you using the cutting program (bridge) that came with your cutter? CoCut is a very nice program. Another design and cut that is nice is Cibercut.

shuv76

I have a program called cut studio that came with the cutter, but I never open it up or use it. What I want to know is why will it cut everything as long as it is at least 1" tall but small things like 5/8" tall, it will not recognize. Now when I went in cut studio and typed something that was 5/8" tall, it did cut it but I cannot format the text like I can with corel, so I really cant use cut studio but since the cutter did cut it with cut studio, I guess the problem is with Corel and not my cutter but I just would like to fix it if I could.
Just do not know how.

Techman

I guess the problem is with Corel

Corel is not the problem..

All corel does is make a vector of the object. Between the cutter and corel is the driver program that drives the cuter. That is usually where the challenge starts.

If I remember fight, cut studio is for roland cutters. yes?

Cocut is perfected and operates without any problems at all.

shuv76

Can you tell me how I can find out for sure what the driver is?and if I got the cocut could I install it and then things would work again?
Thanks

Bill43mx

Design your text in Corel and export it as an eps file. Import the eps into Cutstudio and use it to send the info to the plotter.

shuv76

I exported the file as an eps file and then imported it in cut studio but I just got the frame I had around the heading and just the underline of about 8 words but no text was imported. Just about ready to give up..