• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel x5 acting weird all of a sudden...

Turbophein

everything that i export to versaworks changes to the same size... it only exports 8.49" x 10.99" of the design. if my design is only 4" x 4" it still exports the standard page size, and leaves the rest of the page white.

to determine if it was my .eps files from corel, i imported a old working file to versaworks and it was fine so it isn't versaworks as far as i know...

i tried changing the page size in corel, even tried removing it and it still will export the same page size 8.5 x 11.

chadalicious

I won't be any help, but Corel decided to erase all the components of a file of mine yesterday, right when I was going to cut some vinyl. I wound up having to re-create the entire file from scratch based on my memories of the file.

I have decided that Corel hates me and is out to see how long my eye will twitch. It's twitching now just thinking about it...

Turbophein

on the eps export dialogue click on "export selected only"

...or in the eps export dialogue go advanced and make sure bounding box = objects not page

both great ideas! i did check all of that, none worked.

i got into a chat box with a corel rep. he told me to do a program repair, in the "Program and Features" file. I did and now all is back to normal. not sure what happened???

thanks for the help guys!

Turbophein

just came back to say corel is doing the same thing again. i'm just going to do the repair again. but i'm still wondering whats going on.???

ironchef

If all else fails just create a new user account. Make it as administrator. And delete the old one. After you backup all your info.