• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDraw X5 jpeg export all washed out????

Flame

I simply cannot figure this out. I just upgraded to X5 and getting comfortable with the new layout (and trying to swallow the fact it's 10x more prone to crashing than X3), but the part that's irking me off is the export to jpeg function.

In X3, I can take a cmyk vector layout, export as a rgb and it looks pretty decent. In X5, it looks horribly washed out. Anyone know how to fix this? I send jpeg proofs to all my customers and this isn't cool how they're turning out. I've tried clicking and unclicking most all of the export options without any luck. Help and you get a :corndog:

signage

Flame I do not have X5, but you do know they changed color management drastically in X5, so your setting may not be correct.

Joe Diaz

Try going into "tools" -> "color management" -> "default setting" -> Then change "presets" to "Simulate Color Management Off" before you export. See if that works for you.

Flame

Hmmm, found out how to fix the black (my main issue), tools> color management> Default Settings> check "preserve pure black"

signage

Flame I think there is a tutorial on color management that comes with X5, the guy who does it is David Milisock.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Hmmm, found out how to fix the black (my main issue), tools> color management> Default Settings> check "preserve pure black"

yup, even then it's sometimes not perfect, with the cmyk color code i make a black that is 100% in all 4 colors ... makes for a solid black with rgb exporting always and I can avoid printing issues too.

Flame

So just tossing it out there...anyone having problems with Corel X5 not exporting jpegs over a certain file size? At a square photo, it simply WILL NOT export larger than about 5500x5500 pixels. WTH?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So just tossing it out there...anyone having problems with Corel X5 not exporting jpegs over a certain file size? At a square photo, it simply WILL NOT export larger than about 5500x5500 pixels. WTH?

I just tried a 6k x 6k out of Draw as a jpg and it crashed.
Saved it out to Photopaint as a tiff and exported it from there as a jpg - no crash.
I did a copy to the clipboard in Draw and pasted as new into PhotoPaint - got the graphic at the right 6k size but it added a white border around the image.

wayne k
guam usa