• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coroplast; Cutting irregular shapes

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Needing to cut out two rectangles on 10mm coroplast signs. What is the best way to do this perfectly each time? In attachment the two red rectangles need to be cut out.
Any ideas?
+1 for CNC. What Gino said.

citysignshop

Ok, since nobody has mentioned it: a router template. Let's say you want to do a christmas tree shape out of 10mm coro.
20 of them
Get a chunk of MDF, jigsaw to shape, cleanup the shape by sanding etc.

You could do only half the tree if you want to save 'time'....just flip it ( mirror)
Clamp the coro to the mdf, stick a router bit with the little wheel so it just clears the coro,
1706709489166.png
71CuG63WI4L.AA1500_1327792638-560x560.jpg

and follow the shape with a basic router or one-hand trimmer.
Sometimes running a cleanup pass in the opposite direction gets rid of most of the little 'feathers' where the flutes don't cut cleanly....or trim with a knife.
4mm you can do a small stack at once.....speed and direction is important if you don't want them to stick together ( melted edges).

Here's the actual 'irregular' shape that I did a batch of ...from 10mm coro.
1706710097167.jpeg
1706710130330.jpeg