• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut contour - set up

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I do these all the time for customers but I don't know if there are any rules for setup.

Someone told me to name a contour line as "cut contour", assign it spot 100% magenta stroke with no fill

Is that correct? Does it need to be CutContour, cut contour, or something else

rjssigns

Roland Versaworks has their own "spot" called CutContour which can be downloaded. It will pop up in it's own window in Ai when selected from the swatches drop down.

Our Ergosoft uses bright green because that's we told it to use.

Not sure if that helps.

shoresigns

Yes, if it's for VersaWorks, the spot colour just needs to be called "CutContour". I don't think it matters what colour you set it as - it's magenta in Illustrator but it's grey in Flexi. This may also work with other RIPs - not sure how standardized it is.

phototec

Setting up cutlines for Versaworks in Adobe Illustrator

Here is a good video showing how to Set up cutlines for Versaworks (CutContour) in Adobe Illustrator, remember the cut layer needs to be labeled "CutContour" and be the top layer.

[video=youtube;3Fg1Hmunlcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fg1Hmunlcw[/video]