• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting clear decals on a Summa cutter

Pideas

I printed some decals on a clear stock (GF 206) using my HP latex printer. After printing, I put the material in my Summa cutter to kiss cut the labels.
However, the Summa is having problems recognizing the OPOS marks on the clear material. The clear material has a white backer. I get a message "failed to get the media size from the cutter - failed due to timeout"

Am I missing something? Is there anyway around this to make the Summa read the OPOS registration marks?

Thanks.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hmm, we have a summa, I have no issue cutting clear vinyl. Not sure why it would make a difference if the liner is white.
Sounds like a different issue, like a glitch. I realize this sounds basic, but have you tried turning it off for a beat? Our summa occasionally gets "stupid" and power off then back on clears it up.

Pideas

Ok, we figured it out. I left it up to a new employee and the issue was not with the clear media. For some reason, every now and then, my Summa cutter changes the alignment mode from XY OPOS to OPOS Barcode. The Summa was looking for a barcode instead of the black dot.