• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting out of Corel 5

fivepoints

I'm have a problem that I had one other time, but can't remember what it took to fix it. I am cutting vinyl out of Corel X5 to a Roland PC-600 and all of a sudden when I send it to cutter the whole roll will roll off and won't cut. BUT when I do a test plot the cutter does fine and I also tried cutting out of Flexi 8 and it cuts fine. I do most of the work out of Corel though and I know it has to be a simple setting change that somehow happened. Can someone give me a little help or have any ideas? :thankyou:

OldPaint

when you go to cut from corel are you doing this from PRINT PREVIEW? if your doing this from PRINT MENU, are you selecting SELECTION or PAGE?
MAKE SURE THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE ON THE PAGE IN COREL...is the object you wish to cut.....if not, the plotter will try to cut everything on the corel page.

fivepoints

OP I only have on the page what I want to cut. The problem is that it just starts rolling off the vinyl and don't stop like normal and start cutting. I know I somehow have a setting screwed up, but I've tried everything I can think of and I have a ton of stuff I need to get cut.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is this connected via serial or parallel by chance? sounds like your bit stop is not matching between the software and the machine.

Also you need to check to make sure the line thickness is correct to what the Roland driver expects

fivepoints

Not sure what your talking about by "Bit Stop". As far as line thinkness, it is set as hairline as it has always been. Nothing at all changed that I know of. I never had a problem until I switched over from cutting one day to printing out of our color laser printer and then did like always and just used the drop down to go back to my pc-600 to cut. I'm kinda lost.

OldPaint

your doing something with the PAGE SIZE in corel and you are sending to cut with something all the way on the other end of the page. it may something as small as a period!!! BUT IF ITS ON THE PAGE your trying to cut..........it will run to the furthest object on the page......