• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Damaged Banner Cores

trainwreck

In running high volume banners, I keep running into damaged banner cores. The more severe damage prevents us from sliding the roll of banner onto the printers' spindle.

I'm looking for a tool that will allow me to repair the inside of the damaged cores so I don't have to exchange rolls. Something along the lines of using a hole saw with a really long extension or some type of honing tool.

Suggestions? I run up to 126" widths.
Thank you

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I get many of those...I just return the roll and get a new one.
I got a BRAND NEW roll of 3M Laminate the other day that looked like the whole thing was bent in half. But the box was fine. Had to have been damaged at the factory.

bannertime

Besides building a cone shaped tool to gradually reshape the core, best bet is to return it. I've gotten some where the boxes have been fine but the core was bad. Keep sending them back.

flyplainsdrifta

Nothing you can do about the broken core unfortunately. dealt with quite a few of those. send it back or re- core it if you are in a pinch. done it once or twice. obviously not ideal but it is do-able.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We just send them back. The companies usually blame the couriers. We had a pallet of poster paper delivered the other day that had clearly been sitting in the rain for at least 6 hours. It was soaked. We just refuse anything that looks damaged or wet.

used to happen a lot more than it does now, I guess they take extra care now when sending stuff out because they know we just won’t accept it.