• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Display Insert Board Challenges

Boston Uncommon

New to posting here but hoping I can get some good advisement to help me with challenges I am having making insert display boards. Essentially, I have been tasked with making multiple window acrylic displays that would allow for a side in of letter size paper that the edge is not viewable. The challenge is fastening a "track" to the font and back panel of the sign that is "permanent" but that is not hindered by the 2nd surface of the face being painted. Also, making sure any adhesive doesn't end up sticking to the inserted paper making it difficult to remove.
I'm certain there are approaches out there that would be my "go to" method moving forward and I am VERY interested in coming up with something that I know will be user friendly and not require additional intervention of the sign coming apart. I look forward to bonding suggestions. Very appreciated.
DISPLAY BOARD PIC.png
board ripped apart.png

GraphixGirl79

really finy peices of clear DS tape? or we use a product called "resinbond" to adhere acrylic peices together. it's a liquid that you squirt onto your surface andthen you press the two peices together, holding for a few seconds and then you have a permanent bond. it dries superfast so you have to be careful you don't over squirt or spill.

Gettin'By

Can you modify the painting so that it does not get put on the areas the track adheres to? Attaching with an adhesive to the paint means you're limited to the adhesion of the paint more than the adhesive holding the track on. Can you drill it, come in from the back with a screw and put a decorative, maybe chrome or brushed aluminum, cap on the screw similar to how standoffs are done?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Talk them into using .010 styrene instead of paper. It's not easy pushing paper into such a large area without crumpling it.