• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Double DX5 Print head troubles.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
671C954C-4566-45FE-B6E2-033CE09CBE86.jpeg

Hello this is the nozzle test of the problem,

What happens is i clean the print heads and then test it, and it gives me a perfect test, but it only takes 5cm of print out and cuts off the magenta.

I no gaps in the ink tubes leading to the dampers, and i checked this to see if there are some air causing the issue but not,

What can i do to fix this? It only happens on magenta.

I use a chinese printer named yingye 3200

netsol

can i go out on a limb & assume, even though the lines do not show air bubbles, the damper is emptying?
if the damper is empty, pump could be clogged (or lines from captop to pump or pump to waste container)

have we done things as simple as agitate the inks?
replace the magenta with cleaning/flush solution?
replace damper (clogged filterscreen) replace captop (felt in captop clogged with "sludge" from your ink)
do a good overnight soak ( close off line out of captop and fill until overfull with cleaning solution

are you using a eco solvent printer? uv?

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
can i go out on a limb & assume, even though the lines do not show air bubbles, the damper is emptying?
if the damper is empty, pump could be clogged (or lines from captop to pump or pump to waste container)

have we done things as simple as agitate the inks?
replace the magenta with cleaning/flush solution?
replace damper (clogged filterscreen) replace captop (felt in captop clogged with "sludge" from your ink)
do a good overnight soak ( close off line out of captop and fill until overfull with cleaning solution

are you using a eco solvent printer? uv?
Thank you. I did an overnight soak of the heads, am gonna test them now. And i changed the dampers yester and didn’t seem to solve the issue but am gonna test all the other things you mentioned.

And i do use the ecosolvent inks

netsol

you can use a hand vacuum pump to pull ink through the dampers, from the hose coming out of the captops.

when you have ink in both dampers, you should print. IT IS POSSIBLE you have a hairline crack in the nipple on top of the head. just happened to me, a week or so ago. it is damn. hard to see a crack in a small, black, plastic nipple. if there is a crack, change the nipple from an Old Head, or buy dx4 manifolds on amazon, it's a prime item

on the same topic, vanderj (solventinkjet) says he often cuts 1/8" off the end of hose at damper & change oring

netsol

ONE OTHER THING:
are we sure you don't have a bad contact on the ribbon cable for magenta?
or ink splatter on ribbons or on the head?
ink is conductive & the solvent dissolves the insulation.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
What i ended up doing is flip the arrangements of dampers normally they are KKCCMMYY so to see if its the head related problem for sure i changed to the yellow with the magenta so it was not a KKCCYYMM i registered this in the software and sure enough the yellow started having the problem that the magenta had and the magenta was just fine.

To me this was a bypass but didn’t fix the issue, it only helped me print my work since it didnt have yellow in it.

So far i know for a fact its the print heads, just how exactly to fix is the problem

netsol

I DON'T THINK you have proven the capping station is not at fault/contributing to your problem.
can the capping unit be changed, or at least have the felt (?) thoroughly flushed with a solvent (here i go with alcohol or acetone again!)

too much resistance in the capping unit starves you for ink (if you are sure the damper is staying full, during printing, disregard this). a bad seal, against the head prevents pulling ink consistently

just trying to avoid an unnecessary printhead purchase

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
I changed both cap heads, and still the problem is still there changed all dampers still. But somehow the problem changed to the first line on the yellow,

As usual if you clean the test is perfect but after printing only 5cm the yellow cutts out like how it is shown in photos

Attachments

• 5B46ABBB-028E-49A5-A26D-051F1321C06F.jpeg
    5B46ABBB-028E-49A5-A26D-051F1321C06F.jpeg
    621.7 KB · Views: 77

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
If you were to think if its the printhead!
What are the odds of it happening on just a single line of color

netsol

use a lighted magnifying visor to be sure there is no hairline crack in the manifold
(at least I NEED ONE to be sure)
measure and order some o rings. solventinkjet often suggests cutting 1/8" off the lines when replacing the orings

that sure is what it looks like! (and sounds like, from your description)

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
Well After a week of trying to fix, nothing seems to work. Which is more annoying not knowing the cause.