• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Double Sided decals?

jeffkics

Sign Says
I am interested in doing double sided prints but not sure of the process. Can anyone explain how its done/materials.

Essentially I want to do a double sided print for a inside window vinyl. How does the print on the adhesive/backing paper side get done?

I have a roland versacamm

Thanks!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I'm not familiar with Rolands, but I have an Edge and this is how I print them.

Clear vinyl with process foils plus white and either dark grey or black. What is going to be viewed from the outside is printed first in reverse. Then a flood coat of white, flood coat of black/dark grey, flood coat of white and then the print that will face the inside printed regular (not in reverse).

The white/black/white in the middle creates a blockout so that the images doesn't bleed through from one side to the other.

jeffkics

Sign Says
Reverse print on clear, laminate with white vinyl. (Even better, make yourself some white/black vinyl. We use 651 black mounted to 651 white) Print second copy on white vinyl w/ grey blockout adhesive, mount to your reverse printed version.

This can be done in sheets if the registration is forgiving enough.

So essentially you are doing Clear w/reverse print - White - Black - White w/print ? That's some process. I understand why though.

IND Digital Dept.

@industryprintshop
We do printed slit-backs on our Roland. It's a bit of a process- Feeding the vinyl through the printer with the back side face up, we apply a repeating pattern and then kiss cut the backing. Once the sheets are feed back through and printed and perf cut as normal, you now have a finished decal with a image on the crack and peel backing.

Lea Marc

We reverse print on clear then print normal on a white backed vinyl such as Oracal 3640, and mount on top. The white backing fills in the clear and then you have a two-way decal. You can even sandwich another piece of white decal in the middle if you want to prevent any graphic showing through. Do a test first.

Steve

SlikGRFX

We do printed slit-backs on our Roland. It's a bit of a process- Feeding the vinyl through the printer with the back side face up, we apply a repeating pattern and then kiss cut the backing. Once the sheets are feed back through and printed and perf cut as normal, you now have a finished decal with a image on the crack and peel backing.

Interesting! I tried this a while ago but the ink wouldn't stick to the backing paper. Which brand of vinyl do you use for this? Are you using Eco Sol inks?