• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX5 two line mergeded

Dr_Andriy

Hi guys. I have a dx5 print head, it is on a Mimaki JV33 and there is a problem, two yellow and blue lines have merged. What can I do to continue printing?

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
The gasket in the head has been compromised. Kinda like a head gasket in a car. unless someone loaded wrong ink.

gnalmea

you can try just changing the gasket.
but membrane might be perforated (internal damage)
I believe it may be the membrane, yesterday we injected ink directly into the head and when injecting into the second black channel, the ink returned through the first black channel. We covered the first channel and a waterfall of ink came out from the bottom through the 2 channels, while we only injected ink through one channel.

netsol

you could try a gasket.
if the gasket was compromised IN JUST THE RIGHT PLACE, you couldn't tell the difference between bad gasket and bad head.
(i am trying to be a glass half full kind of guy)

it's probably worth the trouble to change the gasket as a test

unmateria

Check the rubber pad inside the printehead (between the manifold and the bottom printhead). Sometimes it shrinks and that is what happens. The problem is that there is no replace for that except another donor printhead. If the rubber pad is ok, then the printhead is over (is the way they die). Dont buy a refurbished one, chinese one, or cheapers ones (even from old stablished well know business... You all know the names). Never inject ink directly on the printhead. You will blow the membrane or in worst case the ink will spill from the rubber into the PCB and you will have a short. Always suck from below the printhead, never inject anything on it

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Print heads are not meant to be repaired or refurbished. "Refurbished" typically implies the device has been thoroughly cleaned, all defective components have been replaced and the device thoroughly checked out, such as you see with a household appliance being sold by a manufacturer. The print head is a component and cannot be taken apart and repaired internally. The only replaceable parts on a DX5 print head are the manifold and the gasket between the manifold and the print head. Neither of these normally go bad. The idea of selling "refurbished" print heads is to separate you from your money. You will find most refurbished print heads will be sold by vendors in Maylasia or China, and likely without a warranty.

gnalmea

Check the rubber pad inside the printehead (between the manifold and the bottom printhead). Sometimes it shrinks and that is what happens. The problem is that there is no replace for that except another donor printhead. If the rubber pad is ok, then the printhead is over (is the way they die). Dont buy a refurbished one, chinese one, or cheapers ones (even from old stablished well know business... You all know the names). Never inject ink directly on the printhead. You will blow the membrane or in worst case the ink will spill from the rubber into the PCB and you will have a short. Always suck from below the printhead, never inject anything on it
Rubber pad and gasket is the same thing? I have a similar problem.

unmateria

If you open one you will see that big rubber pad with 10 holes (8 for the injectors). The injectors holes must be PERFECTLY aligned with the printhead (bottom part) holes. If not, usually the rubber pad is shrinked and there is not solution (just having another dx5 ecosolvent donor). When this happen, the dampers usually fills without problems if not very severe misalignment but printer doesnt print anything after some cms printed.