• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

edge quality on Latex 360

Scyan

Yes sire, that's exactly what it is.

Try it, report back and I can explain in more details what's happening and why it's now sometimes necessary to use them...

Scyan

You can even go one more step and activate the color variation and text line option under the image quality maintenance menu.

TXsignguy

I was having the same problem but changed the setting to 600 dpi and it's fixed now.

How does adding a gutter help with the print quality?

dan1942

Tried the turning on the gutters and it seems to help a little bit. I will try the other adjustment today and see if it helps more.
Thanks!

Tim Aucoin

Strongly Recommended: Update all printers to FW NEXUS_00_04_10.2 29 Jan 2015

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6838373&lang=en&cc=us

Wow... my firmware was way out of date. I have the printer set to automatically update firmware, and even when I told it to check for updates, it said that there were no updates available. I went in to my browser and manually updated to this release.
Thanks for posting it... let's see what kind of difference it makes. I've been having issues printing to 7 & 9 mil gloss paper. This stuff printed beautifully on my old L25500, so no reason it shouldn't be the same (or even better) on the L360. :frustrated:

Didn't know there was a new firmware. Anyone know why it's not popping up? I have it set to auto-update also but never told me to update. And then I also went to check for update and it says it is the latest version but it's not. Any ideas.

ProColorGraphics

I did see on the HP Latex Knowledge Base site that one of the HP moderators said today that there was a new firmware out. Part of this one was going to be the mobile notification stuff.

MachServTech

Wow... my firmware was way out of date. I have the printer set to automatically update firmware, and even when I told it to check for updates, it said that there were no updates available. I went in to my browser and manually updated to this release.
Thanks for posting it... let's see what kind of difference it makes. I've been having issues printing to 7 & 9 mil gloss paper. This stuff printed beautifully on my old L25500, so no reason it shouldn't be the same (or even better) on the L360. :frustrated:

Set yourself a calendar reminder every 2 months to check for firmware updates on this printer for the first year. This is the best way to ensure you avoid missing these. Used to be I would "wait and see" on firmware updates, but now that so much of the print quality is dependant upon onboard firmware it of no real benefit to avoid these.

I have seen excellent edge quality on printers that have been updated.

Often times, with the 300 series, firmware updates are released to the manual update server several days before they are pushed out to automatic update.

MachServTech

Firmware 04_10.2 causes problems in new printer installations

Be aware. This was released from HP today.

If you have already performed the update it should be ok. It seems it can be a problem during the initial installation process.

From HP:

FW 04_10.2, published on Monday (February 2), has caused problems in several new printer installations.
Based on that fact, here is a list of actions and advice to prevent these issues:
1.DO NOT USE FW 04_10.2 DURING A NEW PRINTER INSTALLATION PROCESS. IT MAY FAIL. USE FW 03_09.3 INSTEAD.
2.FW 04_10.2 will be not available on the HP Web page (the process to remove it from the Web pagehas been already launched but some time is needed for it to be removed).
3.The previous FW—03_09.3—will be uploaded to the HP Web page again (the process to upload itto the Web has been launched but some time is needed for it to be published). This FW is alsoavailable NOW at the following ftp server: ftp://latex_fw:Latex300@h2.usa.hp.com
4.It has been demonstrated that there is no problem in upgrading the printers from firmwareversion 03_09.3 to 04_10.2. That’s why the new firmware version 04_10.2 will be available fromthe “Automatic Firmware Upgrade” servers. The printer can directly access those servers if it isconnected to the Internet and the “Automatic Firmware Update” functionality is activated.
a.To activate this functionality go to the Settings icon  Updates  Firmware Update.
b.To “force” the printer to check if there is a new FW available, go to the Printer icon Check Updates  Check Now.
5.A new firmware version will be published soon fixing the issue explained in point number 1.

dypinc

You can even go one more step and activate the color variation and text line option under the image quality maintenance menu.

I just found out if you activate the color variation and text line option under the image quality maintenance menu you will get fine dots printing in area that are supposed to be white.