• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eliminator font

Rev Designs

This was hand painted on the boat and i would like to know if there is a font that would be similar to this?

Thanks,

Matt

Attachments

• 2010-04-14 16.13.34.jpg
    2010-04-14 16.13.34.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 753

artsnletters

Bottom line i doubt you'll find a computer font since its hand painted using tape for the top & bottom lines with most likely a 1/8" or 3/16" mid line again using fineline. Best bet is use your pic of it, make a tiff and autotrace & clean it up manually. Keep in mind the hand painted nature and inconsistencies you'll most likely find.

PS your pic isn't too bad...the letters don't have as many inconsistencies as others i've seen/worked on. Those are constructed pretty well...
Tim

stickermonkey

hand tracing would be faster than trying to scan and clean it up. :) I do this often and I"m faster than the comp + clean up. :)

SignosaurusRex

Off the top of my head...I think about as close as you are going to get is maybe GILMORE or KONA GOLD from Letterhead Fonts. You will need to do some tweaking though. Might be better off redrawing it or having the Vector Doctor do it for you.

Rev Designs

Thanks everyone for the input. It would be a breeze to replicate it, however i am adding the boats nick name to the back so it will be using other letters than just those represented in eliminator.

As far as the hand painted lettering goes, the entire boat has custom hand painted pin stripping as well all of it is very nice! Trying to make vinyl look as classy and hand painted stuff is definitely a challenge yet the customer wanted to be able to change things up if he ever decides too without the hassle of removing a painted on name.

Thanks again for the suggestions and i will see if one of those will work for my client.

matt

artsnletters

oooohhhhh , i see said the blind man....i'd use whatever font you want...don't concern yourself with matching it unless the name has eliminator in it. That is unless the customer wants that. Just have fun and be creative! Hopefully you have enough room between the ski-tow hook and and vents...
Tim