• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson f570

Craig Keller

With the f570 I print some about every 3 weeks. How offen should I print with it? Or does doing a head cleaning count? I printed about 2 weeks ago after doing one head cleaning. Now I checked it and have done about 4 regular cleanings and tried to print something. The black head is not printing very well. Ideas? Power cleaning? I have never had to do a power cleaning.

amw

Longtime Members
With the f570 I print some about every 3 weeks. How offen should I print with it? Or does doing a head cleaning count? I printed about 2 weeks ago after doing one head cleaning. Now I checked it and have done about 4 regular cleanings and tried to print something. The black head is not printing very well. Ideas? Power cleaning? I have never had to do a power cleaning.
I have had one for about 3 1/2 years (since they came out). Mine still prints perfectly.
Your environment is going to affect it. It says your from IN, i'm in MI, I am sure your using your heat this time of year like us. If its a typical gas furnace then it's going to make the air much dryer.
This will tend to dry out the head. Make sure your not anywhere near an air duct/vent.
I sometime go 6-8 weeks without using it and mine is fine. During the winter I try to do a print head nozzle check every week or two if I have not used it.
I would recommend printing weekly at least though.

As far as your issue with black. i would do a cleaning, then wait 10-15 mins and do a nozzle check. If it's not good, then do another cleaning and wait again before checking the nozzles.

Dan Berg

We have 2 dye sub printers and 3 presses and keep our humidity above 50. (45% minimum) Our humidifier takes 5 gal. of water a day. I have an f570 as a backup and it gets used maybe once a month. I do a nozzle check at least once a week to move a little ink through it. It rarely needs a clean.