• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eras by another name

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I have seen a font that looks exactly like Eras but without the slight slant. Not only that but the sides of the letters are parallel. The vertical strokes on Eras are pinched a bit

Has anyone seen Eras without a slant and what is the font name? No I cannot just do a negative slant, like I said the sides are parallel on this font too

Anyone have a name for it? I'm guessing it is a copycat font

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
The font you're describing is very likely the Eras knock-off that Corel supplied with CorelDraw up to maybe version 3 or 4. (Version 2 was WFN fonts -- version 3 and up was TT fonts). After that Corel supplied Bitstream fonts with a proper version of Eras.

I don't remember what Corel's knock-off name was for the Eras family, but if you can find a CD with an old version of CorelDraw on it, it'll have that family.

J Hill Designs

=)

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 84

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Thanks for trying but that Eras is someone's junky version. It has way too many points and the curves are not smooth.

I still think aquiline or some other spelling is correct. It sounds familiar

Attachments

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 87

SignosaurusRex

The one you are looking for is called ERASER NORMAL......sometimes ERASE.....from Elfring Soft Fonts. It is a modified Eras with the characteristics you are looking for. Good luck finding it though. Something tells me Elfring got rung on that one.