• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Erratic windows in Corel

Colin

When ever I go to alter the size of an Import, Export, Open (etc) window within CorelDraw, it doesn't resize smoothly like all other Windows applications, rather it frantically jumps around in a jaggy, spastic sort of manner.

Why is this, and can it be fixed?

Robert Boyd

I have a similar issue in CorelDraw X5. I haven't noticed that it happens
with imported files. It happens to me when I zoom in and try to put
the text cursor inbetween characters or try to grab something on the screen. My video card is NVIDA Quadro 600 on a Dell U2410

Colin

No, I'm talking about when you have a file already open, then click: File > Import, or File > Export, or File > Open (etc) - that window which pops up.

Colin

X6. Yes, but when I go to resize (enlarge) that window, instead of resizing smoothly like in any other Windows app, it jiggles about in such a spastic manner .

Jackpine

This happened to me with X3. It also had an spastic zoom that was very annoying. I use X5 now and have gotten comfortable with X5.
When ever I go to alter the size of an Import, Export, Open (etc) window within CorelDraw, it doesn't resize smoothly like all other Windows applications, rather it frantically jumps around in a jaggy, spastic sort of manner.

Why is this, and can it be fixed?

OlsonSigns601

maybe change your windows experience to be more about performance than visuals.

on my tablet so I cant tell ya how to do it.

GVP

I don't know if this will help or which OS you're using, but in XP go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance, and try unchecking "Animate Windows when minimizing or maximizing"?

Colin

I don't know if this will help or which OS you're using, but in XP go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance, and try unchecking "Animate Windows when minimizing or maximizing"?

Win7 Pro 64 bit. That fixed it, but I accidentally unchecked "Animate controls and elements inside windows" first, and it really changed they way Windows looks & behaves. I re-checked it "on", but the old look won't come back.

???

Last edited:

Colin

It's all smooth now, but the entire look & action of Windows is different now (perhaps nicer/better). And now I can't remember what the original settings were; here's what I have now:

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 120