• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Export/Import filter combination

buckssigns

I'm trying to export curves from CorelX6 to an Adobe Illustrator file, then import said file to Omega 4.
So far haven't found an Export/Import filter combination that works.
My workround is to save the X6 file as legacy Corel 9, open it Corel 9 and export to Adobe Illustrator 88 file.
Hardly efficient!
Hope someone can help.

Tony Teveris

Does saving or publishing to a PDF help?

If you are saving to an *.AI file you may have to include some PDF or features into the file. I do not have x6 and most likely never will.

or are you saving to an EPS file?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't know about Omega but have you tried a copy and paste directly out of X6?

From X5 to CS5 it works the curves stay smooth with no extra nodes. Pasting into Flexi(ver8.6) makes a mess.

Might be worth a shot.

wayne k
guam usa

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My best success from Corel to Gerber has always been using the Corel CMX format which Omega imports very well.

buckssigns

The first image is a screenshot as the file was, in X6, before export, then cut and paste, the export and import as cmx, then export and import as pdf.

Cut and paste did best but added hundreds of nodes. The others gave error messages or no results.

Thanks everyone for trying, I do appreciate it. Not sure what to do now, certainly dare not delete CorelDraw9!

Attachments

• As it left CorelDraw X6.jpg
    As it left CorelDraw X6.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Cut and Paste to Omega4.jpg
    Cut and Paste to Omega4.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Error message when importing as cmx..jpg
    Error message when importing as cmx..jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Error message when importing as pdf..jpg
    Error message when importing as pdf..jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 95

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here are screen shots of text (converted to curves) in Corel and then Saved As Corel Presentation Exchange from CorelDRAW X3. The third and fourth screen shots are the CMX file opened in Omega 5 and nodes turned on. What I see is an uncorrupted, true to the original file in Omega.

Attachments

• Corel.jpg
    Corel.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Save As.jpg
    Save As.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Open in Omega.jpg
    Open in Omega.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Omega.jpg
    Omega.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 99

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Have you exporting/saving down to a version 3 ai file within X6?
I don't have X6 but for cut lines this has always worked for me from X5 and older.
AI v3 is no frills and just sends the paths & solid fills.
Maybe they "fixed" something in 6 and now it does not want to play well with others.

wayne k
guam usa

buckssigns

Thanks a million for that Fred.

With the help of your shots we are there. In X6, it seems you need to Save file with the "CMX - Corel Presentation Exchange Legacy" filter. Other that it all worked exactly as your step-by-step.

GAC05 I'll try that tomorrow, thanks – way past bedtime now!

Attachments

• save cmx 02 legacy.jpg
    save cmx 02 legacy.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 103

buckssigns

Yes! That works too, Wayne.
Spotted a Compatability drop-down menu I hadn't noticed before and chose Adobe Illustrator 3JP.
I'm really spoilt for choice now.
Thanks again everyone.

Attachments

• Compat box.jpg
    Compat box.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 87