• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fabricating a menu board .. have a question.

Ursta Graphics

Hey everyone ..

Hope Monday is treating you good.

I'm currently working up an "industrial" style menu board for a restaurant. 3 Bolted steel panels with digital prints attached to one galvanized rough look steel sheet. I'm planning on doing the numbers flat but somehow making the pricing easy to change without looking cheap. I was planing on making the prices magnetic die cut but was wondering if there was any other option to give my customer. The sign dimensions are around 3' x 8' and it has about 75 menu items i have to squeeze in there.

Have any of you had any experience in making pricing on these things easy to change? What route did you go?

Also should I go the magnetic number route are there any distributors that offer bulk magnetic die cut numbers? I can probably run them on my DC4 but I have yet to try the magnetic sheeting on it?

Thanks for any advise.

-Ursta

Circleville Signs

This suggestion may be TOTALLY off course, but if the customer has the budget for it, you may want to suggest a digital solution. You can fabricate the monitor housings to look industrial/rough, and then install LCD monitors driven by a solid back-end system. This would give an industrial/hi-tech look and feel, while allowing for the msot economical long term application.

There is also extended revenue stream fo ryou if you are a good design house, as youc an offer to update and design the content of the system..

Just a thought.

Gary

i made a sign that sounds somewhat similar for the portland jailblazers store. originally they wanted an a-board but we ended up making them a upside down t board for lack of a better description. with locking casters so that they could move it easier. and for the changeable information we had posts that slightly protruded from both sides of the sign and panels with predrilled holes that slipped over said posts and then nuts to hold them in place. it was very industrial looking