• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fair Price for....

VTSigns

What is a fair price for an HP FB500 printer used? The printer is almost 1 year old. The printer has been inspected and has less than 400 hrs of print time. All 6 ink filters have had 10 liters or less pass through them. All the heads are in almost perfect condition. The printer comes with roll to roll and extended tables. No white ink option included. The technician states that the machine is in excellent condition. How much is it worth? I understand there are other costs associated (decommission, rigging, shipping & reinstall/training). I'm just asking for an estimated fair price for the machine. Any input is appreciated.

KevSign

I just missed to buy FB500 the $45K on Global Garage. The machine around Southern CA. put in deposit too late. Kick the tire both legs same time :).

HulkSmash

GG is useless. I'm on their list to call whenever a HP FB comes on. 0 calls in the past 7 months, and they're on and off all the time

Robert Gruner

Colorado...A new FB500 with Roll to roll option and extension tables has an MSRP of $107K. Please let me know where you can purchase one for $79K? That price is lower than authorized reseller price?

I know there are some discounters who might sell a new FB500 without any ink or options for $79K...but even there, the reseller is taking a risk as he's responsible for one year warranty service.

I am in agreement with other posters. I would offer $50K (afterall, it is a year old). If the condition of the printer is as good as described, I would think $65-$75K would be a fair price.

HulkSmash

Colorado...A new FB500 with Roll to roll option and extension tables has an MSRP of $107K. Please let me know where you can purchase one for $79K? That price is lower than authorized reseller price?

I know there are some discounters who might sell a new FB500 without any ink or options for $79K...but even there, the reseller is taking a risk as he's responsible for one year warranty service.

I am in agreement with other posters. I would offer $50K (afterall, it is a year old). If the condition of the printer is as good as described, I would think $65-$75K would be a fair price.

79k base without ext table and roll to roll.
apologies, didn't read that part.

VTSigns

I just missed to buy FB500 the $45K on Global Garage. The machine around Southern CA. put in deposit too late. Kick the tire both legs same time :).

Sorry KevSign, this is the machine I'm talking about. I purchased that machine on GG for $45k. I'm in Virginia so it's going to cost me $10K to get it to me (decommission, rigging, freight, install). The machine was only used as a proofing machine for a huge company in LA.

HulkSmash

Sorry KevSign, this is the machine I'm talking about. I purchased that machine on GG for $45k. I'm in Virginia so it's going to cost me $10K to get it to me (decommission, rigging, freight, install). The machine was only used as a proofing machine for a huge company in LA.

10K???????????????????

They saw you coming.

VTSigns

10K???????????????????

They saw you coming.

Not really. The machine is on the 3rd story of this building and the rigging alone is $4k. Several rigging companies have quoted and $4k is the best price. We are also paying for a dedicated run truck with insurance, ect. These costs add up quickly. Believe me, $10k sounds ridiculous I know but I have had several quotes and they are all coming in at this price.

VTSigns

Yea, I already have prior knowledge of the website. There are several other things factored into the $10k other than just the shipping. Not sure I would trust uship.com on this one. I want a reputable company to take care of transit rather than some random dude wanting to drive cross county with a printer on a flatbed trailer just to make a buck. Not saying that would happen but there is always a chance when it comes down to the bidding process. I have watched the show so I understand how it works.

Robert Gruner

Signspot...rarely used FB500 with roll to roll, extension tables, shipping and installation for $55K total is a DEAL. Enjoy the printer and make some bucks! :)

I would suggest that you source your local HP/Scitex authorized sales and service organization and ask them to quote you their parts and remote extended warranty. Once your printer is installed, HP might want to charge you to send one of their techs on site to check out the printer and certify it as acceptable for extended warranty.

I really believe you are going to appreciate this printer.

KevSign

Finally my dealer sell us demo FB500 white ink, ext table for the cost $42K + tax, We are very much buy printer from them every year (last year New HP L28500 pay cash $32K + tax). Deposit on April 15 and properly get it in a week.

TheSnowman

The only thing I'd ever use uShip.com for would be shipping pillows. You'd end up with Roy showing up two days late and you missed a deadline and he'd say "So! Where's my money!" then you'd get to wipe the nasty from all the cigarettes he chain smoked in his trailer, off of your new printer.

Some stuff in shipping shouldn't be lowest bidder.