• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finished Alley Mural

TheSnowman

That is just totally amazing. That could be a TV show on History. Going to towns doing things like this in historical areas. Great work.

GP

What a great tribute and gift to your town - and a great legacy for your family.

Very well done. I hope to see them in person some day -

GP

Marlene

wow about covers it as it's hard to put into words just how great a job this is. I am in awe of you and your family as there is talent there that goes beyond the norm.

daveb

General Know-it-all
:thumb::thumb::thumb:, Most excellent Joe (of course that's I expected). I'll have to stop up and see it one of these days.

Jane Diaz

Thanks ALL! The station used to be a hang out for all the gearheads in the 50-60's and it's been fun to hear all the stories about it and it's clientel as we paint. This week some of the last remaining relatives of Bill Daniels, the owner (the guy with the cigar in the window) are coming on Thursday and adding a bit of paint, just to say they painted on the wall.

Marlene

i keep coming back to see this... i'm just in awe of your work Joe!

me too! what a joy it is to see work like this, I keep coming back and looking at all the details and each time, I see something I missed before.

blueben

I met with some of the City officials earlier this morning and I showed them this mural that you did. They loved it. This city usually will allow murals but takes it out of the available signage. Even if it wasn't being used as a sign. Hopefully I can talk them into allowing the business that wants one to be able to actually do it. Just wish I could do the painting for it.

I have a question. I was told that my contractors license will not allow me to do a mural like this. I have to be a commercial paint contractor. Not a sign contractor. Has anyone had this come up before?

Tim Aucoin

That's one of the coolest things I've seen! Ya don't see too much of that stuff going on here in Calgary... shame! Excellent job Joe... I'm totally in awe! :notworthy: