• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fire TrucK Restoration

Billct2

This was a budget job, they had the local Votech repaint it and we used signgold for the lettering & stripes.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 196

Craig Sjoquist

To bad the low budget, you did a great job and looks clean and well fitting, but I bet you could have made this look a million times better and everyone would be in awe.

SignosaurusRex

Looks very nice Bill, especially on the fenders....those can be a real bastard at times. Kinda sucks when they have you a short-leash budget huh? Did they have you match what was originally done? Sure don't get to do too many of those oldies anymore.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb:

Looks turned to me. I believe it's the angle and flash that make it kinda disappear.

Billct2

Yes it's "turned", I matched the "original" from a photo which was probably last lettered in the 60s.
I didn't know that spun gold wasn't used in the 50s, could swear I've seen it on that vintage (and older)stuff.