• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FireFox crashing?

SignManiac

It seems lately, FireFox has been crashing a lot more often. Is it just me or is anyone else noticing the same thing?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

TheSnowman

Not real often on my PC, but on my mac it is RIDICULES! Anything with Flash, and the thing takes a huge crap on you.

daveb

General Know-it-all
No problems on my PC at work or my home Vista laptop but maybe I haven't received the latest "update", can't wait.:popcorn:

iSign

hours a day on firefox, from multiple workstations... XP, Vista & W7...no troubles to speak of... but I'm on 3.0.19

choucove

Version 3.6.3 here and really haven't had any crashing problems for a long time. Running on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Have you tried clearing our your preferences and disabling add-ons or plugins?

SignManiac

Haven't tried anything yet. Just wanted to see if it was specific to me or others. It use to be solid but I updated to recent and that's when most of the problems seemed to occur.

midnightmadman

I've noticed if you leave it open for a long period of time it gets very slow and sluggish. The only way to get it running smooth again is to completely close it and reopen.

OldPaint

i got so sick of the OPPS......WE NEED TO REOPEN YOUR WINDOW...........i switched to OPERA......................but the only thing i dont like about it, everytime you open it you have to reset VIEW, this is the way they increase text size............wish it would stay where i put it.

SignManiac

I've noticed if you leave it open for a long period of time it gets very slow and sluggish. The only way to get it running smooth again is to completely close it and reopen.

I think you may have hit on something. Mine is always open with two or more tabs along with seven other memory hungry programs all at once. After a fresh reboot, things are ok for a while. I don't like rebooting my machine at all.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">