• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firmware Updating (UCJV300/UJF3042-6042 MKII)

Smoke_Jaguar

Not really seen any good guides for firmware updates on these printers. Every printer I use gives me a message of "Your product has the special version of firmware or It is a product that cannot be updated by this application.", even when in service mode. I can connect to the boards with jumpers and all that stuff and flash them in the much more annoying way, but I imagine there is a simple way to bypass this. The few Mimaki vendors I buy parts from on a regular basis essentially tell me to f-off and go to the seller I bought the new printer from (I almost always buy used, way better deal) when I ask if this is even a service they offer. Is this just related to a value set in the firmware, maybe one in the #Adjust menu? I figure it's little more than a firmware flag preventing the updater doing its work.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you trying to update the firmware with the Mimaki Firmware Update tool or Rasterlink/User Software? The end user firmware updaters rarely work and that's usually the message you get. Also, some Mimaki dealers aren't servicing dealers so they don't have access to the proper files etc.