• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

first snowfall of the year!

iSign

Attachments

• islandsnow.jpg
    islandsnow.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 146

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Is that up in a mountain elevation? I'll never forget the winter I spent in the Canary Islands. I'd be down at the coast on the beach and it would be in the 80's. You could turn around and look at the volcanic mountains inland and see vast snowcaps.

iSign

14,000 ft.
It's on the Big Island, not here on Maui... but I lived there for 6 years & drove up every year, snowboarding on a few occasions. It sure looked awesome from the beach on a sunny day.

No chairlift, but because of the billions of dollars worth of telescopes up there, owned by several different countries, they plow the roads, & by having a 4x4 & an extra driver... we don't need no stinkin' chairlift! :Big Laugh

It was fun to be on a hot beach, drive up & play in the snow, & then soak your sore muscles in a warm tropical ocean again at night. It's memories like these that make this news so meaningful for me. I look forward to repeating some of those experiences again one of these days, but you have to time it well, because when we get a big enough snowfall, it won't last long!

HaroldDesign

It was fun to be on a hot beach, drive up & play in the snow, & then soak your sore muscles in a warm tropical ocean again at night. It's memories like these that make this news so meaningful for me. I look forward to repeating some of those experiences again one of these days, but you have to time it well, because when we get a big enough snowfall, it won't last long!

...Thanks. Now I realize I regret all my life decisions.