• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi view command shows something I never noticed before in a file

gabagoo

I received a file from a client (pdf) and opened it in Flexi, made my changes to get it ready for print and then I went into view filter and I see this one element and the view filter is calling it a dieline. I am curious how Flexi determined this. It really is not the dieline but a thin blue keyline that is close to the edge of the graphic but definately not the dieline for it. See attached.

Attachments

• dieline.png
    dieline.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 321
  • graphic.png
    graphic.png
    37 KB · Views: 93

gabagoo

The weird thing is that I made a cut line outside of that, sent a proof and was approved...I guess the client is unaware too. The reason I made my own cutline is that what looks like black on the outer edge is actually a dark grey then the blue dieline, then black, so one has to wonder why the designer would have a different colour after the cut line...just weird

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
"...why the designer would have a different colour after the cut line..." Because most designers don't know how to create production files. Alternately, they could have intended it as a bleed, but didn't select the correct color.

CanuckSigns

I get files from designers all the time that have a blue line called dieline, even after I explain to them that the line needs to be called CutContour. Non production designers seem to have a real issue understanding how to set up files for production. I had one recently where the files were over 1 GB each full of transparencies and clipping masks and the same blue "dieline" layer, if I opened it up in Corel draw it would leave out tons of objects or just mess everything up. I called the designer and explained how to set up the CutContour lines and even sent him a YouTube video, I got a pink line called dieline...