• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fountain Fill ??

Not being a long time user of Corel......my current version is X3. The Fountain fill has given me endless headache......when I use the 2 color fill and the default 256 steps going from a medium blue to white, I always get a band of purple just before the fill starts turning to white?? Is this something I'm doing wrong?? I see other printed fills and they have a nice smooth gradual color change from blue to light blue to white....and mine always has this band of purple in it???? Any suggestions from the seasoned vets? Thank you.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

Shovelhead

go through the presets and select a fill that has multiple color points
and edit to the colors that you need.

Attachments

• Graphic3.jpg
    Graphic3.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 140
Shovel, Thank you.

If you do what I'm doing.....does yours give you the same results with a band of purple?? I'm wondering, is this a Corel thing....or am I just not setting something up right? If I use any other color....like orange...it seems to do a nice gradual gradient to white as a final color? yet when I use blue......that purple shows? so if I play with the edgepad or the mid point....I can lessen the band of purple, but not make it disappear?? Frustrating................ Wondering if Illustrator, or Flexi have any similar issues??

Shovel,

Very sorry to say both.....my sp300 prints very close to what I have on screen. I'm designing a partial wrap for a customer right now....and would like to put some lettering on it (printed vinyl and window perf) that would be a fountain fill with blue to white......ya, stuiped purple, makes me so mad, I finally said "thats it, I'm posting this and see if someone can help me" so...thanks.

my head hurts and I have a red spot from banging it on the wall in the same place.........

dclet

simplify, you say medium blue - my suggestion is go with pure hues either full cyan or rgb blue (actually 100% cyan 100% magenta)

also you could try to convert your fill to bitmap before leaving corel...all gradients will print much smoother this way.

Also with difficult fills...especially rainbows....you can convert to
image and add gaussian blur...

Output .tif

Could also be your profile.

Jackpine

As "dclet" said "also you could try to convert your fill to bitmap before leaving corel...all gradients will print much smoother this way".

This is what I do when printing. Draw a box, put your fill in the box, no outlines around the box, convert to RGB bitmapconvert it, powerclip it into your vector and you will print very smooth fills. Corel handles fountain fills like a venetian blind and leaves little spaces between steps. If you have a contour around the fill, the color of the will be visible in the print between the "steps".