• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Free standing 30" x 72" aluminum sign

victor bogdanov

I have a customer wanting to create something similar to this with their branding, 10+ of these:

1.png

The one in the example is acm, easy way would be to buy this and apply my graphic to it but this stand/board is way over budget for customer.

I was thinking of using a poster stand like this and mounting the aluminum board to it but doubt it will be sturdy enough.

Anyone have ideas on how to make a free standing aluminum board, stand needs to be under $200

2.png

petepaz

is this for indoor use or outdoor? if it's indoor then that poster stand would probably work ok, don't have any wind to knock it over.
if it's out door maybe it will still work but have to test it out, might have to build some sort of extensions on the base so it won't tip

JBurton

Signtologist
stand needs to be under $200
That's a tough price to make them at. Are you looking to cut and weld aluminum to do it? You can get 2 sticks of 1" aluminum, about $40 each, and cut and weld an A frame pretty fast. I wouldn't do a vertical cart and base like you show without doing steel, and even then it won't stand up to much wind.
Assuming you are actually making a shadow board and not just a banner frame? Otherwise order some banner frames!

gnubler

I just went through this with a customer for interior wayfinding signs. She didn't want a banner, but something rigid. I was quoting thick Gatorboard vertical panels mounted into metal bases, there's several types and Grimco carries a couple of them. If $200 is the budget, you're probably limited to banners.

display stand.jpg double-l-standing-sign-base-3_1.jpg Signholders (Curvette Mounts) - CM7 (Fashion Graphic).jpg

victor bogdanov

That's a tough price to make them at. Are you looking to cut and weld aluminum to do it? You can get 2 sticks of 1" aluminum, about $40 each, and cut and weld an A frame pretty fast. I wouldn't do a vertical cart and base like you show without doing steel, and even then it won't stand up to much wind.
Assuming you are actually making a shadow board and not just a banner frame? Otherwise order some banner frames!
Indoor, I'm wondering about the weight of the brooms etc tipping it over and needs to last for many years.

victor bogdanov

The $200 is for the stand/base only. The aluminum panel print is extra. I'm thinking in the $500 range for the whole thing

This will be used for brooms and other cleaning items

victor bogdanov

JBurton

Signtologist
weight of the brooms etc tipping it over
That's why I'd opt for an A frame, but then it won't roll through doors unless it's narrow enough.
Is this for a hotel or hospital customer? I came across your pictured product at 1k each or so, and I'll wager they're made for 'demanding' needs like that, where it will constantly be shoved around, run over elevator lips, turn corners, slapped by 10 year olds.

victor bogdanov

That's why I'd opt for an A frame, but then it won't roll through doors unless it's narrow enough.
Is this for a hotel or hospital customer? I came across your pictured product at 1k each or so, and I'll wager they're made for 'demanding' needs like that, where it will constantly be shoved around, run over elevator lips, turn corners, slapped by 10 year olds.
Yes the ready system is pretty expensive, it's for a large manufacturing facility. They want 10 to start and possibly more for their other locations. It doesn't have to be on wheels, will be stationary but no walls around since its a big warehouse. Wall mounted would be easy.

JBurton

Signtologist
Yeah, stationary, a light A frame would hold up, perhaps with horizontal bracing to keep it from caving in. You could even build it out of wood and add ACM pieces on the ends to hide the carpentry work.
Alternatively, make it out of steel 2" angle, and lag it to the floor, but customer likely won't go for it.

JBurton

Signtologist
6mm would probably help with the extra weight added to the base, but I'd probably add bracing behind where the spring clips mount and not rely on the ACM alone holding up to such use. Better grab some broom holder hardware, mount them to acm, and start testing. Opt for some that bolt on, not screw on.