• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gemini Letters

kelly r

Has anyone ever done a template by hand with Gemini letters. I can’t get the template anymore as it was several years ago and the letters are still in good condition. Is it possible or a waste of time? I thought I could lay the layers out and mark the screws with paint and them lay them back down. The height or the screws may make it more difficult. Any thoughts? Thanks

Broome Signs

do not stand on the letters

ether make an new fitting template by hand or with your plotter, place it on a flat workbench
place the letters down gently on the paper, be shore to line them up with your level baseline, firmly and evenly push down on the paper, this will leave an impression on the paper
put a dot in the middle of the impression to hylight it, then using a ruler put a X over the dot
fit the paper sketch to the wall and re drill and fit the letters
simple

Philip

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Snap a few studs down to like 1/4 to 1/2in. Layout the letters on the paper with a drawn base line and press them down to leave the stud impression.

Billct2

First trace the letters on paper. Place the pattern on corrugated cardboard the use short pointy studs in the letters, line up an press. Then mark hole with a marker.
If you want you can spray glue the paper to the card so you now have a nice stiff tear proof pattern