• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

General Overview of some issues with Omega/Edge FX combo.

caltemus

I've been using Omega 5.0 with an Edge FX and GS15plus plotter. Over the last 2 years every time I've had an issue I record it in a word document, below are the bullet points from that document.

• TAB key does not work in duplicate offset boxes
  • Duplicate offset boxes cut you off if you don’t type fast enough
  • Dragging a selection box to the edge of the screen causes glitches with scrolling
  • Duplicate offset box does not take blank as zero
  • gspPLOT will randomly use large icons
  • Layer cannot be renamed if it is hidden
  • Gspplot randomly loses layer window
  • In font manager, the window buttons in the auto view are broken
    • And it is always on top
    • And preferences don’t persist
  • GspPLOT takes 2 tries to cut, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] try turns off run cont on the plotter
  • If you don’t hit tab or leave the text box in the “stroke” properities box, the sizing change isn’t saved
  • CTRL+Backspace does not work in any text entry box
  • Outputting to gspplot resizes the window
  • GspPLOT takes 2 tries to cut, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] try turns off run cont on the plotter
  • There is no setting for “Lexedge Clear”
  • Ctrl+shift+s does not “Save As”
  • Text merge sometimes causes a crash
  • On startup the printer will occasionally catch
  • Communication errors with both the printer and plotter (10060), or just waits
    • Can connect to the printer’s direct ip
    • Successfully pinged printer’s ip
  • Foil caddy in the printer has a hard time getting fed into the clutch
  • GSPplot crashes on manual animate cuts
  • Text will not change size upon initial creation, you must make it at 1 inch height, then change it after, this makes the vertical spacing between lines totally wrong
  • Layers will randomly disappear from the layer browser on left, and only reappear when moused over
  • Cannot resize line segments using handles, it instead displaces the line the opposite direction I tried to shrink it by
  • There is nowhere near enough zoom in, I get that annoying ding
  • Using a short foil requires 2 button presses to confirm, substituting only takes 1 press
  • Toolbars all self-rearrange when the window is made narrower than the narrowest toolbar
  • The save and save-as dialogs never open in the directory of the file you have open
  • Object silhouettes when dragging are not at all where the object is
  • Extremely poor UI support for high resoluion/HiDPI displays
  • Halftones are never represented differently than fills when F8 (preview) is pressed
  • Small text handles are not at the actual edges of the text.

Some of these problems are bugs and others are personal preference. Any input on these problems would be greatly appreciated, and I'm able to clarify anything that is unclear; but I just want to get this out there for anyone that might be in the market. Its an expensive system to invest in to find unforeseen issues during its operation. These problems aside it has been a very productive machine and it has expanded the capabilities of the company I work for immensely.

Thanks,
-Charlie