• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber 4.0 on Windows 7 64bit SP1 - i5 Processor

SteadConsulting

Hello,

I'm an IT Consultant and have assisted a sign shop with his Gerber 2.0 on Windows XP. He just purchased some equipment and software from another shop that went out of business and now has Gerber 4.0 available. I installed on two text boxes of mine, One with Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit SP1 and one with a Core 2 Duo and Windows 7 64bit SP1 with no issues. I installed it on the client's machine, a Windows 7 64bit SP2 with an i5 processor and I receive an error and Composer will not launch (GspComposer has encountered a problem and will shut down...) This happens every time and I have removed the software, reinstalled, removed any history from the registry and all. Checked the updates I have on the other machines compared with this one and nothing is different.

Have any of you had this issue? Any suggestions?

Kevin Stead
Stead Consulting Services.

2014-05-10_21-51-18.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hello,

I'm an IT Consultant and have assisted a sign shop with his Gerber 2.0 on Windows XP. He just purchased some equipment and software from another shop that went out of business and now has Gerber 4.0 available. I installed on two text boxes of mine, One with Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit SP1 and one with a Core 2 Duo and Windows 7 64bit SP1 with no issues. I installed it on the client's machine, a Windows 7 64bit SP2 with an i5 processor and I receive an error and Composer will not launch (GspComposer has encountered a problem and will shut down...) This happens every time and I have removed the software, reinstalled, removed any history from the registry and all. Checked the updates I have on the other machines compared with this one and nothing is different.

Have any of you had this issue? Any suggestions?

Kevin Stead
Stead Consulting Services.

View attachment 98947

Did the error log provide you with any clues as to what is causing composer to hang when it starts to launch?
I don't know anything about composer is it locked with a hardware dongle or software system code?
Maybe something in that Windows service pack 2 is causing the conflict.

wayne k
guam usa

Marlene

I assume the Gerber software was purchased with a valid serial number. if so, call Gerber tech support as they would have the answers and can help get this running

jfiscus

Rap Master
We just got 2 brand new (Win 7 64bit) computers here at our office and installed/run Gerber 4.0 just fine.
Getting the USB-to-serial cables to work was a bit of a different matter though; a service pack upgrade from Gerber was required.