• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Egde New user

Hi all, I managed to make it print after buying and old computer with a paralell port. It worked straight away thanks all!

now I have too issues:

1. first is the band that you can see in the prints? what can it be?
  2. I still have several white spots while printing. They appear randomly and I made sure that there was no dust...pretty frustrating

Thanks for the support

Attachments

• IMG_6131.jpg
    IMG_6131.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 150

rrd

I have the exact same issue at the moment. I going to try a print server today. just not quite sure how to set the ip with the gerber.

Print on cast vinyl- white spots are usually from calendared vinyl. And use Gerber foils and 3M or 220 scotchcal vinyl.

Sorry what do you mean? I have discovered that indeed it only happens in my Imageperfect white Vinyl. in the transparent vinyl it works well.

rrd

Just got my edge 2 up and running today. Used and old print server to do it thru tcp-ip

Stephen Ford

To use your Gerber Edge 2, you need the software that supports the driver of your machine. The omega software is too expensive for such an old machine. I have another software with the supported driver from Gerber Edge 2 and compatible with Windows 10, 8, and 7. This software is not free but much cheaper than OMEGA.
Let me know if you are interested., Pm me.
Hi I have just got an edge fx with omega composer 1.56 but no dongle, what cn I do?

signage

I would recommend going with Omega software and since you are new you would need to buy the latest version. You would get the most help using it. but you could go with either CadLink Cut and Print for Thermal printer or Flexi but getting questions answered on this forum Omega would be your best bet.