• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Graphix Advantage 6.0 question

artistedesign

Can Graphix Advantage 6.0 be loaded in anything newer than Windows 98? My latest dinosaur computer is dying again! Do I need to get my computer guy to build me another dinosaur with Windows 98 from the old parts he has in his basement or can I install in an XP machine? Since this old computer has only one function which is to run a HS750 and does the simple layouts for vinyl plotting, it works well for me. I have not upgraded to Omega because I do not have an Edge and do most of my layouts in other art programs. I use XP computers to run my large format printers, scanners, etc... I have a spare XP with a new hard drive but am not sure if I should give it a try. Your expertise is greatly appreciated. Annie

Marlene

I don't think it will work on XP. If I remember, the next version was 2.0 (?) and that was for XP.

Browner

It's been a while, but I think there's an option in XP to run certain programs in "emulation" mode or something like that. It was a matter of selecting the program, and setting IT to run in whichever "mode" you'd like.