• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gerber omega color problems

carpersign

I have been using gerber software since they had software (gerber scanner)
When I get customer supplied art that has been created in illustrator with color build using
cmyk, omega will change the color even if I save it as an eps. Not all colors but enough to
be really noticable. Output on my epson surecolor. If I use the original file and do not take it
through omega, the color is good, if I save it in omega, even with no changes, the color
will change. I know the printer can print that color, because it will print the original file OK.
Why does omega change it, is there any way to keep it from doing that?

DCSMITH

I had the same issue with a different machine and program but i saved the file as a tif and it fixed the problem hope this helps

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In Photoshop, determine what color mode the file is in and what color profile, if any was used.

In Composer, go to File > Color Management and try to match both the input color profile and the output device.

carpersign

most files come from the customer, they don't know the difference between an eps file and a jpeg. Chances of finding out the other info is slim.
My fallback position is to get Illustrator and use that for those types of files. Tough to learn a new program, I have 30 years on gerber