• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega question.

threeputt

Ok there's two things I'd like to know how to do.

1) Is there a way in Composer to set things up so that any newly created shape or text has cutlines automatically turned "off"? (I don't design for vinyl, I design for print media)

2) Tougher one. Is there a way to set things up so that in the Process Pallette, you can ascribe certain CMYK values to a color and give it a particular name? I want to be able to click on a black and have it always be a "rich black".

Walk me through it? If anyone knows. Much appreciated.

Tony Teveris

Every shape or test has 3 attributes, cut, fill and stroke.

Any shape that does not have a fill or stroke MUST be defined as a cut. I wiil see if there is a "magic" checkbox but I don't think so.

You can design as normal and then select all and "turn cuts off", if a shape(s) do not have a fill / stroke you will get an message.

Tony Teveris

As for the Process palette you can create your own process palette using palman. From the Start menu in the Omega program group you will find "PalMan" entry, when it starts, select Process, leave family id at 0 and start making colors.

When you done save the file in Gerber's palettes folder and select the palette from one of the icons at the top of the process palette, you may also set it up in the Tools / Options dialog pages.

Doing this from couch with no Omega in front of me. I you have more questions post away.

threeputt

Thanks Tony, I've been unable to implement or try those suggestions. Tomorrow at work I'll do so.

Appreciate the help.