• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

getting bubbles out?

mayhem69

Hi, i bought a rally stripe for my truck made with Oracal 651. This is the 1st time i ever tried this. There was bubbles all over, what did i do wrong?

J

john1

You didn't let a sign shop install it and your using calendered cheap vinyl for stripes. Even i use cast on stripes.

petepaz

well at least the job you screwed up was on your own vehicle not on a customer's

pratice makes perfect, go buy another stripe

mayhem69

well at least the job you screwed up was on your own vehicle not on a customer's

pratice makes perfect, go buy another stripe
I did i bought a roll of LG chem, 24" x 10 ft. I want to do this myself. Is there any technique to keeping the bubbles out? No one really answered this?

qmr55

I did i bought a roll of LG chem, 24" x 10 ft. I want to do this myself. Is there any technique to keeping the bubbles out? No one really answered this?

Clean the surface? Use a better squeegee? Use app fluid?

Custom_Grafx

Please explain in detail how you applied, step by step, using the numbered list feature in the text box.
  1. Like
  2. This
  3. Please
This way, it's heaps easier for people to figure out where you went wrong.

Also provide details of cleaning methods, equipment, squeegee type etc.

Also, a picture will help IMMENSELY.

petepaz

awe man, was hoping someone could finally tell me how to lay 651 w/o bubbles
:[

very carefully ?

seriously though... i use 651 for truck lettering for a customer (there trucks are not around too long, 2-3 years) and i don't really have trouble with bubbles and the letters are pretty large 18-20 high on the hood so it's a good amount of vinyl
if it's that bad maybe try a wet install and you can buy a whole roll of 651 for $55-60.00 to practice with

mikey-Oh

sorry, j/k pete, i'm being an a**.
this is basic stuff! though rally stripes in shine rite'd probably be cheaper
if your into the calendar kinda thing.