• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grade 2 Braille?

2B

Where can this font be gotten?

I have "braille" in CorelDRAW x5 but when I type in the wording, specifically numbers, it does not match the braille beads that are on the physical sign when it arrives. Usually it is loaded with the "number symbol" on my design but is not on the sign.

I would like to be able to
1. design the sign up to show the customer what it looks likes and location of the braille.
2. verify that what I am getting is correct.

Last edited:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What you are typing in is grade one, grade 2 is contracted braille so you have to get a translator. You also have to worry about what you type in the translator so that room names are lower case.

For instance:

Stairs in Grade 2 is: /airs
123 is #abc

The translator software I have used is Duxbury http://www.duxburysystems.com/

2B

What you are typing in is grade one, grade 2 is contracted braille so you have to get a translator. You also have to worry about what you type in the translator so that room names are lower case.

For instance:

Stairs in Grade 2 is: /airs
123 is #abc

The translator software I have used is Duxbury http://www.duxburysystems.com/

I have been looking at the Duxbury Systems, was hoping for a faster method that was already in CorelDRAW.

here is an image of what I am referring to

Attachments

• Braille.jpg
    Braille.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 672

Rick

I have been looking at the Duxbury Systems, was hoping for a faster method that was already in CorelDRAW.

here is an image of what I am referring to

There was a Grade 2 font, the one I had was for a Mac, but I never got to work right

In that Corel font, you might type: (note lower case)

#aabd

2B

Thanks for the suggestions, will give me something to try in my "FREE TIME" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: testing different combinations

guess I will have to start saving for a braille contractor, wasn't wanting to spend that on a few odd/end jobs

Thanks again

Attachments

• Braille 1.jpg
    Braille 1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 306

Rick

Thanks for the suggestions, will give me something to try in my "FREE TIME" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: testing different combinations

guess I will have to start saving for a braille contractor, wasn't wanting to spend that on a few odd/end jobs

Thanks again

The correct is 1abd... you have a freaky braille font.

I can't scan my big arsed book of braille, but I can show you these 2 pages from some seminar I went to. It has enough to get you by on Grade 2 braille.

The only reason I can read grade 2 Braille is it was "drilled" (that is a raster braille joke by the way) into my head when I was translating for ADA signs, and I sometimes help other sign shops inspect their ADA signs prior to install to make sure they are compliant. Shocking how many ADA sign shops screw up their braille.

Attachments

• Braile cont-2124.jpg
    Braile cont-2124.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Braile cont-1123.jpg
    Braile cont-1123.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 292

visual800

of all the braille signs we have done we always just threw a buch of dots together to implicate where the braille was located and left the actual braille up to our plaque supplier.

Would this be easier for you?

2B

of all the braille signs we have done we always just threw a buch of dots together to implicate where the braille was located and left the actual braille up to our plaque supplier.

Would this be easier for you?

Yes that is what we normally do, never had an issue (knock on wood) but this one customer is a PITA and going over EVERYTHING under the sun.

There is a plug-in for CorelDraw out there that converts to Grade 2.

Really? happen to know where it can be bought?

The correct is 1abd... you have a freaky braille font.

I can't scan my big arsed book of braille, but I can show you these 2 pages from some seminar I went to. It has enough to get you by on Grade 2 braille.

The only reason I can read grade 2 Braille is it was "drilled" (that is a raster braille joke by the way) into my head when I was translating for ADA signs, and I sometimes help other sign shops inspect their ADA signs prior to install to make sure they are compliant. Shocking how many ADA sign shops screw up their braille.

Thanks again for all the help!

yeah that is why I would like another check making sure I am not one of "those shops" see too many wrong/bad signs