• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient EPS from Illustrator to CorelDraw

Signmeup_DK

Hi
I bought the EPS 160965167 from Shutterstock.
I can only use it in Illustrator but need to work with it as vector in CorelDraw X6.

I did try to save as EPS, AI and PDF from Illustrator without luck.
When i import those in Corel the gradients are useless and randomly smeared around.

If i import the downloaded file direct into CorelDraw i get a very small bitmap instead of the vector.

Any tips and tricks?

Attachments

• stock-vector-abstract-wavy-vector-color-background-160965167.jpg
    stock-vector-abstract-wavy-vector-color-background-160965167.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 283

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
This is one of the fundamental reasons why I have run both CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator alongside each other for many years. The differences between the two programs and how they handle gradient effects has only worsened in recent years.

CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator apparently use different methods in how they encode gradient filled objects. And I'm just talking objects with opaque colors. Move artwork from one application to the other and you'll often see changes in where gradients begin & end on an object and the locations of each gradient stop/color change.

CorelDRAW only changes color values in whole numbers while Illustrator allows entry up to two decimal points.

A few versions back Adobe Illustrator added Photoshop-style opacity level changes on gradient fills. As far as I can tell, CorelDRAW cannot change opacity levels on specific color stops in a gradient fill. That EPS file from Shutterstock likely has fills that vary in color and opacity at different levels along the gradient sweep. CorelDRAW has no way to import that effect accurately. It's an Adobe-centric effect, perhaps not as Illustrator-dependent as effects like gradients on line strokes, but it still can't live outside an Adobe product.