• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphics Vs Home & Student ?

Bunky67

I was just curious what the difference was between Graphics Suite and Home and Student Suite of Corel Draw ?

round man

Usually it is the cost of the software and whether or not the purchaser qualifies for the discounted cost. most software companies will offer a discounted version to promote use to students who hopefully will become proffessionals who demand that particular software title.some discounted versions may not include all the printed reference material opting instead for digital files, to help students and offsetting the cost to them.

Cyw

......in addition to all of the above, the Home/student version is not eligible for upgrade pricing, only includes a fraction of the clipart, 1,000+ fonts, photos, objects, artistic media brushes, etc etc. and even worse, doesn't include VBA which will prevent you from using the many (nifty & helpful) macros available.

Jillbeans

I accidentally purchased the wrong version and was not able to cut vinyl with my plotter via Corel.

bloobird0

the student version does not include VBA, it means many plugins and macros will no work, especially cutting plotter controller plugins.

The student version also comes with much less cliparts and templates.

I have no precise list of differences but I think that the student version is not suitable for sign makers (and the licence does not allow to make commercial work with it anyway)

WildWestDesigns

Bare in mind as well that most Home/Student/Academic etc versions are non transferable to another party legally. The way things are going, it's going to be harder and harder to get away with that, although I do know some that openly advocate going to ebay and buying student versions (or whatever the discounted version may be).