• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 9000 problems with cutting

gixxer2004

My friend has a graphtec 9000 that he uses for paint protection film and it keeps skipping the left side of the cut. For example if he is cutting a bumper, it will cut the entire bumper except for the left side inside the pinch roller. It does it whether it is a 10" wide or 50" and always does it on the left side of the material and inside the pinch roller. Does anyone have any advice as to what is causing it? I have a video of it but it wont allow me to upload it.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Amateur guess here and probably something you have tried already. I'd suggest to try moving the pinch rollers out a little and make sure the page size your file in is the same size or smaller than the graphtec scans as the width.

BigNate

Amateur guess here and probably something you have tried already. I'd suggest to try moving the pinch rollers out a little and make sure the page size your file in is the same size or smaller than the graphtec scans as the width.
I agree - this was very frustrating in the beginning.

I've had both of my Graphtecs do this occasionally. I usually check the rollers, and the material alignment and restart the cutter. I'm not quite sure why it happens.

Chris-H

Have you checked that the teflon cutting strip is not damaged? If it is, the blade may not be able to apply the correct depth/pressure to cut through the material.

MrDav3C

What software are you using to cut? I've used Graphtec plotters for years but never seemed to encounter this issue.

However I have encountered a similar issue with my Roland printers, .eps files and versaworks which is solved by increasing the eps margin setting in VW.

As a workaround, could you create an oversized blank object with no fill or outline that would add padding to your cut lines?

jharler

The only time I've ever encountered my Graphtec FC9000 not complete a cut like this is when the outer rollers were too close to the cut. I always make sure to leave 2" of padding to either side of the print and keep the outer rollers around 1/2" from the edge of the vinyl.